available early 2018

Workshops ONLINE
8-week BEGINNERS
INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
6-wk TRADITIONAL SHADING
Join me at Drawspace.com
full details

QUESTIONS? CONTACT US

For registration, logging in or any other queries but first click the FAQ button above for answers. And post your suggestions here for making The Drawing Forum the best online drawing community.

Moderator: Mike Sibley

Site Admin

Re: QUESTIONS? CONTACT US

Postby Mike Sibley » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am

drawings by craig wrote:...I have not had any feed back on my post. You will have to forgive me this is the first time that i have ever been on a any forum and am not sure how they work. I love drawing and would just like to learn from all the talent on this forum.

Don't feel neglected ;) It happens sometimes if everyone is busy. I approved your post close to midnight but should have at least welcomed you for which I apologise. And now it's almost midnight again so I'll have to be brief.

Well, it IS Jenson Button although not quite, but I can't put my finger on why I feel that. Technically - I can't fault it... even if I wanted to. I'll try to get back tomorrow and take a really close look but I think it's a very good drawing and not something I can really help you improve. But I'm certainly looking forward to watching your progress because this is an excellent stage to work from.
Mike Sibley
Book: Drawing from Line to Life
Blog : Drawing from Line to Life blog
Visit my Starving Artists for free and subscription galleries

Postby drawings by craig » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:14 pm

Thank you Mike for the reply. I Know it is my drawing but will agree that something is not quite right. The point that you made about that is technically good is Just fantastic coming from you.

Thank you for your time

Craig,

Postby J O Wiles » Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:44 pm

Hi Mike/JD,

I've just joined as a member and wanted to use one of my drawings as my avatar, but it will only allow me to upload something that's up to 9.77kb, and the drawing I want to use is over 2mb! Am I doing something wrong or is it just because I'm new on the site? I understand you have anti-spam software in place.
I've looked on the FAQ and it referred me to here.

Many thanks in advance,

Jorge

Site Admin

Postby Mike Sibley » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:07 am

J O Wiles wrote:I've just joined as a member and wanted to use one of my drawings as my avatar, but it will only allow me to upload something that's up to 9.77kb, and the drawing I want to use is over 2mb! Am I doing something wrong or is it just because I'm new on the site? I understand you have anti-spam software in place.

You need to resize it, Jorge. First reduce the resolution to monitor resolution - 72 ppi. If it's a pencil drawing, convert it to greyscale - taking out the colour drops the file size by two thirds. Then reduce the size to that required by the avatar, which I've temporarily forgotten... :roll: ... but my avatar is 90 x 90px (pixels). Sharpen the result if required. If you're using Photoshop, finally go to File > "save for web" > save as a JPG and select a medium compression. All those things combined should drop your avatar low enough in size to use.

If you are still having problems, email me you image and I'll reduce it for you and return it ready to post.
Mike Sibley

Postby J O Wiles » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:16 am

Hi Mike,

Sorted! Many thanks for that, I may sharpen the image in the future but for now it's 1.15am so I am going to bed!

:D

Postby Anderson » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:23 am

Mike, are the posting of images disabled?

Site Admin

Postby Mike Sibley » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:53 am

Anderson wrote:Mike, are the posting of images disabled?

Not that I'm aware of.... I just checked and everything appears to be enabled. What problem are you experiencing? Can you be fairly specific please.
Mike Sibley

Postby Anderson » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:24 am

I'm using the Firefox browser. This is what I see. I thought there was a way to upload attachments. If there is, could you point it out?

Irony is, I've done it before, but it's been long enough that I don't remember how.

Postby BlackScorpion » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:11 pm

I posted an introduction and a WIP, when posting both I got the message that they would be revised first before going online. This is several days ago, will theystill come up or not? Just asking to know if I stay here or not...

Site Admin

Postby Mike Sibley » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Apologies for the very long wait and thanks for your patience. I'm removing 200-500 mainly Russian spam posts a day and sometimes I run out of available time before I can find the legitimate ones. Welcome to TDF!
Mike Sibley

Previous

Return to QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS and SUPPORT