available early 2018

Workshops ONLINE
8-week BEGINNERS
INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED
6-wk TRADITIONAL SHADING
Join me at Drawspace.com
full details

Drawing area pictures

The joint forum of JD Hillberry and Mike Sibley. Tap into over 50 years of combined professional experience and join in.

Moderator: Mike Sibley

Drawing area pictures

Postby ikkie » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:27 am

Hi...im currently setting up my little area to get away and draw and was just curious what other people's drawing areas look like to get ideas on setting up my little studio so was looking for pictures of what you have.

Re: Drawing area pictures

Postby kennyc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:42 pm

Show me yours, I'll show you mine. :)

I know I've posted pics in various threads. Nothing special here. Just a sturdy table and lighting.
and of course an Irish Flute behind the WIP image. :lol:

As of this morning.

IMG_20170814_063338-S.jpg
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page - Photo Gallery - Art Print Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness - Siddhartha Gautama

Postby Bob1298 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:00 pm

I think the most important consideration is lighting...as I am right handed I wanted as much natural light as possible on the left. I use a corner of the living room. a comfortable chair, as u will spend countless hours sitting. I prefer a tilt top drafting table to a flat one.
Last of all I like a tinted glass surface to work on, there is nothing as hard and as smooth as glass. One draw back with the glass is reflection. Unlike Kenny, I prefer "Easy Listing" music from the big band era to a flute!!! :D Hope this helps a little.

Postby kennyc » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Bob1298 wrote:.... Unlike Kenny, I prefer "Easy Listing" music from the big band era to a flute!!! :D Hope this helps a little.

There's some great Native Flute music that I love .... normally I listen (as now) to Cinemix online. :P

and yes, lighting is important. my little corner is in the basement so no natural light, but I do have a 'sunlight' led bulb in that crook-necked lamp and another soft-white led bulb over my left shoulder. I've considered getting a led hanging workbench for above, but have not done it yet.
Kenny A. Chaffin
Art Page - Photo Gallery - Art Print Gallery - Writing&Poetry
"Strive on with Awareness - Siddhartha Gautama

Postby Bob1298 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:20 pm

As Kenny said "sunlight lamp is a great help, as for Native American Flute...my favorite is
"Tribal Winds" very relaxing. I think it is amazing how artful music can help the creative side. Here is a pic of my setup, nothing fancy just functional.
Attachments
art r.jpg

Postby ikkie » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Thanks...ill get a picture if my setup once I get it finished...just trying to find a way to keep it where the kids can't get to it lol. Gonna run to the store today to pick up some more paper and I'm going to look at lights...i have a smaller one now but would light to get a larger daylight type since my desk will also be in the basement and won't have natural light until I finish remodelling it. Then I'll have a couple windows put in so that will help.

Return to EVERYTHING DRAWING