Austin, TX :
November 16 - 18

Subject: Realistic Still Life
full details
Pencil Kit & DVD
Everything I supply in my live workshops
full details

Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown

The joint forum of JD Hillberry and Mike Sibley. Tap into over 50 years of combined professional experience and join in.

Moderator: Mike Sibley

Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown

Postby Anderson » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 pm

My apologies for not having been more active. The day job has been something of a soul-sucking nightmare stealing dreams right from under me.

I teach elementary-age children to draw realistically. It's what I do. This is the portrait we are working on now.

I do not expect the same level of detail in the kids' pictures, by the way, though I have seen a couple of children draw quite the same way I do. But for my own benefit, I wanted to push more towards a photorealistic interpretation of the hair—not strand for strand, as I have not the patience for that, yet, but something more similar to the photograph than work I've done previously. Some of my hair back in the day was quite rushed. One day, I hope to have command of my skills to the point that I might capture a very extreme example of photorealism, along the lines of Armin Mersmann. Maybe then I can tackle more impressionistic interpretations of what I see.

I might be halfway done here. The values are far from close. I don't know if I want to blend it out or not.

Huge fan of the show, by the way.
Attachments
Millie Bobbie Brown WIP 01 small.jpg
I am a teacher.

Re: Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown

Postby Henrik Stenlund » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:21 pm

Hello Millie,

you have made a great start for a quality drawing. Just keep it coming. In my mind the eyes and mouth are the most critical for likeness. Regarding the drawing quality in general, the distribution of values has some importance. Having some really dark areas usually improves the final drawing a lot. Probably you knew all this already. I will keep my eyes on this project.

Henrik
Art is about sensitivity

Re: Stranger Things' Millie Bobby Brown

Postby Henrik Stenlund » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:23 pm

Sorry, your name seems to be Anderson

Henrik
Art is about sensitivity

Return to EVERYTHING DRAWING