November 17 - 19, 2017

Subject: Smooth Skin

More workshops:
full details
Pencil Kit & DVD
Everything I supply in my live workshops
full details

WELCOME to THE FORUM!

The animal and wildlife forum concentrates on drawings of all animals, from domestic pets to wildlife - anything dressed in fur, feathers or scales. The emphasis is on drawing but paintings are also acceptable.

Moderator: Mike Sibley

Site Admin

WELCOME to THE FORUM!

Postby Mike Sibley » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm

Welcome to the Animal and Wildlife Drawing Forum, which is based on the drawing and painting of all animals from domestic pets to wildlife - anything dressed in fur, feathers or scales.

But don't let that stop you posting artwork that is not animal-related if you feel this is the forum that can provide that elusive solution to your problem.

Artists of all abilities are welcome to post. And all formats and styles are accepted here for critique and advice from fellow artists who understand your particular aspirations and desires. Of course, we all hope you will share your own thoughts and knowledge with us too, but if you just want to read and view then that's just fine with us.

Please feel free to post finished drawings and WIPs (works in progress) whenever you wish. If, like me, you work from photo sources you may post your source (and close-ups) along with your drawing - it is often helpful to others - and tell us the image size so we can better understand your techniques.

My own drawings are based around animals in appropriate settings and are intended to project a sense of realism while maintaining a hand-drawn appearance. As a professional artist for over 30 years, I hope that my own advice may be of assistance to you. You can view my work and tutorials at SibleyFineArt.com and those of my fellow co-founder of TDF at JD Hillberry.com.

Welcome to the forum..........
Mike Sibley
Book: Drawing from Line to Life
Blog : Drawing from Line to Life blog
Visit my Starving Artists for free and subscription galleries

Re: WELCOME to THE FORUM!

Postby lmweil » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 am

Thank you Mike and JD for starting this up. So exciting! I look forward to participating on this forum!
Linda Weil
http://home.exetel.com.au/lindaweil/

'DRAW!'Wyatt Earp

Postby Brokenwoman » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:38 am

Hello I am very new to your site, here, thou have always looked at the Sibley Starving artists, very nice.
I am not sure if this is where to post a new hello or not. I a graphite artist in the learning stages and love everything about it. I do hope to learn many things from all of the fellow artists on this site.
Thankyou
Brokenwoman

Postby PAT WESSELS » Wed May 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Mike
Very excited to have found a forum for constructive critique as I am trying to teach myself from the internet and books. I have tried all the media (very briefly) and so far enjoy drawing the most. I love drawing and painting anything with eyes. Hope to learn a lot.
Pat Wessels

Site Admin

Postby Mike Sibley » Wed May 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Hi Pat and welcome to TDF! We'll do our best to help you. TDF is the child of the deceased ArtPapa forum and JD and I are adamant that it retains the same standard of assistance. You find any "likes" here just honest and helpful criticisms. Please do join in and help others too.
Mike Sibley
Book: Drawing from Line to Life
Blog : Drawing from Line to Life blog
Visit my Starving Artists for free and subscription galleries

Postby Rita Meier » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:57 am

Merry x-mas to all of you! I joined the Drawing Forum just today and feel very glad to be here. I'm from Germany - so pls apologize my English :D
Attached I show you my very first steps to draw dogs. I should be glad to receive comments and ideas for improvement.....
Sincerely Rita
Attachments
Bild für Drawing Forum.JPG
Bild für Drawing Forum.JPG (8.37 KiB) Viewed 759 times

Return to ANIMAL and WILDLIFE